Best guitar player

Spazio di riflessione dedicato a discussioni meta-musicali o che toccano diversi generi musicali contemporaneamente.

Moderatori: Harold Barrel, Watcher, Hairless Heart

Hairless Heart
Moderatore Globale
Moderatore Globale

Best guitar player

Messaggio da Hairless Heart »

LA DUE GIORNI DELLA LINGUA INGLESE

A question at burning hair:
who is the best guitar player, for you?
One name at head!!!
-Non ci sono più le mezze stagioni.
-Si stava meglio quando si stava peggio.
-Band on the Run è troppo bassa.
Watcher
Amministratore
Amministratore

Re: Best guitar player

Messaggio da Watcher »

Burning hair is "bruciapelo" ??? :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sii te stesso; tutti gli altri sono già occupati. (Oscar Wilde)
aorlansky60
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da aorlansky60 »

Technically, no doubt :

Stefano GO and Gianni Satriani at the same level; but playing they are sometimes too cold,

there are other guitarists, like Pat(rizio) Miteni for example, in the similar genre, too warmer in his style;

an italian guitarist not very known, as Richard Zappa, is very cool playing acustic guitar

and of course "the Great Black Guitarist from Seattle" he composed "Signora volposa", "ciao Gianni", "piccole ali" "la casa rossa", "lassù dall'alto dei cieli", "castelli di sabbia", "se il sei fosse il nove" and many others ...

...but the truth is : It's hard to choose... [chin] [smile]
Ama tutti, credi a pochi, non far male a nessuno.
Mick Channon
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da Mick Channon »

I would like to mention Spugna Cato,he played guitar in Ci faccio i miei bisogni :mrgreen: .He was a force of nature,but he dead in tragic circumstances in 1978.
Tutti sognano di tornare bambini,anche i peggiori fra noi.Forse i peggiori lo sognano più di tutti.
twoofus
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da twoofus »

One name at head can't be listened! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's go for classic rock so to "rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar's":
I think Stefanino Comeè (!), from the SI' is a great player.
many years ago Enrico il Cleptomane was called God;
Giacomo Pagina e Riccardino Neropiù were the fastest guitarists in town.
Not to mention Catio Riccardi e Giorgio Figlio di Harry: maybe they were not technically so exceptional, but in terms of inventiveness and songwritingness they were second to none.
That's my humble opinion.
On the other hand, on TUTUBO there are many circus phenomena, but this is not in my taste.
Ultima modifica di twoofus il 09/05/2019, 12:24, modificato 2 volte in totale.
You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.
aorlansky60
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

in Prog Rock genre,

also Marconi rewarded bakery with his chef, [chin] no pardon, [smile] with his guitarist Frank deMusside, is highly reputed and I like very much he...
aorlansky60
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

twoofus ha scritto: 09/05/2019, 10:22
many yesar ago Enrico il Cleptomane was called God;
oh yes, yes! I remember, It's true, the people in London, wrote on the walls of the roads, that...

twoofus ha scritto: 09/05/2019, 10:22 Not to mention Catio Riccardi e Giorgio Figlio di Harry: maybe they were not technically so exceptional, but in terms of inventiveness and songwritingness they were second to none.
Sure! I agree with that. [smile] Specially Catio Riccardi where a true genious to invent memorable riff guitar... [slurp]
twoofus
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da twoofus »

Yes , he was called Catio Il Riffo!
aorlansky60 ha scritto: 09/05/2019, 10:33 in Prog Rock genre,

also Marconi rewarded bakery with his chef, [chin] no pardon, [smile] with his guitarist Frank deMusside, is highly reputed and I like very much he...

Do you mean Big Frank? Yes he is one of the best in Italy.
We also have many others here, but many people think that Jo (Josepin) Daniel is the greatest of them all.
aorlansky60
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Twoofus wrote :

"Giacomo Pagina e Riccardino Neropiù were the fastest guitarist in town."

yes, another precise note; and in other hands, "il dirigibile" e "il profondo viola" was another two great rock bands! [slurp]

I always prefered "il pallone gonfiato" (by hydrogen, not by other things...) "del conte tedesco",

but in fact it's only a question of personal taste. "Il profondo viola" was undoubedly a great hard rock band,
with great performers on side, like Ruggero Guanto bass guitar, Giovanni Signore keyboards, I-Pace at drumming...
Lamia
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da Lamia »

Enrico il Cleptomane. . . :D Is he called also “manolenta” , isnt’ it?

Ok, i add one of a my favourite guitar player of all time is Davide Il Moro [hearts] , his touch in “Piacevolmente insensibile” ‘s song is awesome!

. .and Irish guitarist called Guglielmo “Rory” Lagher, is fantastic. I have to say i discovered this guitarist few days ago, because I read an article about him. He was incredible! And very lovely voice!
MrMuschiato
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da MrMuschiato »

Without any doubt Riccardo Benzoni, the fastest guitarist in the world!

Gobelini, coboldi, elfi, eoni, la mandragora, il fico sacro, la betulla, la canfora, l'incenso, le ossa dei morti lanciate contro il nemico, i nani!
Lamia
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da Lamia »

I Know that there are many strange stories about RIccardo FIglio di Beniamino. Some admire him , somebody else hate him . .why?

I see video you posted, Mr.Muschiato, he seems good! . . Bit kitsch i have to say. .
Ultima modifica di Lamia il 09/05/2019, 12:47, modificato 1 volta in totale.
twoofus
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da twoofus »

I believe that to speak his name more correctly we should have to say Riccardo Figlio di Beniamino.
Anyway, surely he's one of the fastest man in town, a great man.
But sincerely, to me has ever been more important the taste, the touch and the inventiveness than speed, musically speaking.
Once I saw on TUTUBBO a guy that played four guitars at the same time, jumping from one guitar to another like a frog, with a speedy gonzales movement that only make me smile. That's not for me.
Ultima modifica di twoofus il 09/05/2019, 13:35, modificato 1 volta in totale.
aorlansky60
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

twoofus ha scritto: 09/05/2019, 12:36
Once I saw on TUTUBBO a guy that played four guitar at the same time, jumping from one guitar to another like a frog, with a speedy gonzales movement
[smile] ... I think a "speedy gonzales" movement playing guitar is very cool... [smile]
Lamia
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da Lamia »

twoofus ha scritto: 09/05/2019, 12:36
But sincerely, to me has ever been more important the taste, the touch and the inventiveness than speed, musically speaking.
I absolutely agree with you! [approve] Many guitarists show their talent also with few notes, no need to be fast. .

I change name of that guitarist on my post, you are right [smile]
MrMuschiato
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da MrMuschiato »

Lamia ha scritto: 09/05/2019, 12:24 I Know that there are many strange stories about RIccardo Benpensante: some admire him , somebody else hate him . .why?
He has a great music knowledge, and he's a charismatic guy, his voice and his catchphrases made him an hero of the Internet. And still, he's the fastest guitarist in the world!

P.s.: Haters thinks he's not from England, and they call him Riccardo Benzoni, but the true name, like Twoofus said, is Riccardo Figlio di Beniamino!
Gobelini, coboldi, elfi, eoni, la mandragora, il fico sacro, la betulla, la canfora, l'incenso, le ossa dei morti lanciate contro il nemico, i nani!
aorlansky60
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Somebody here maybe knows a very talent guitarist, present in the America scene fifty years ago, official member in the rock band called "Servizio postale dell'Argento Facile", a kid named Giovanni Cipollina ? (NOTE: "cipollina" is not a translation... [gg] it's his real name...) [smile] :lol:

a rock band famous in Frisco Area, for his sound "absolutely ACID" more and more respect of "IL MORTO GRATO" and "L'AREOPLANO del Figlio di JEFFE" of the same disctrict...

their first three albums was spectacular, expecially "VIAGGI FELICI" (not only metaphorically talking...) a sound full of acid guitar styling, contained in the A side of the album, in the minisuite :

CHI AMI (Part 1)
QUANDO AMI (Part 2)
DOVE AMI
COME AMI
CHI AMI - ripresa

...highly recommended!! [slurp] ...If you don't knows this album, you should listen. [happy]
aorlansky60
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

another very fine guitarist in the history of rock music is Gianni UomoSmanetton, a man ahead of time at least 30 years (when ackers -c'est a dire "smanetton"- and personal computers and software will be normal use in people life), from the dutch prog band named FOCUS, active since 1970;

Gianni UomoSmanetton (or "UomoAcker") was [and He still] reputed as one of the best virtuous technically in the use of acoustic and electric guitar of all time... listen to believe, in particular the albums :

DENTRO e FUORI DAL FOCUS (1970)

ONDE IN MOVIMENTO (1973)

CONCERTO A AMBURGO (1975)
Ultima modifica di aorlansky60 il 09/05/2019, 14:12, modificato 2 volte in totale.
twoofus
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da twoofus »

aorlansky60 ha scritto: 09/05/2019, 13:39 [/b], a kid named Giovanni Cipollina ? (NOTE: "cipollina" is not a translation... [gg] it's his real name...) [smile] :lol:
Do you mean Giovanni Little Onion? Yes I know him. Nice guitar player!
Lamia
Vintage Rocker
Vintage Rocker

Messaggio da Lamia »

Thanks for the answer , Mr. Muschiato !

Another one that i like very much is Carlo Santa Anna , his touch is so unique and warm ... I say “Europe” and magic happens ... [hearts]
Rispondi